The Next Big Thing
I’ve been tagged by I. G. Frederick to participate in “The Next Big Thing” which is something like a blogpost chain letter… you know the sort of thing, answer a bunch of questions and then tag people to participate. My Next Big Thing is “Hunters,” the third book in the Orgone Chronicles. See the questions and answers after the jump…
1) What is the working title of your book? Hunters
2) Where did the idea for the book come from? This book
3) What genre does it fall under? Erotic Science Fiction
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I am really not much of a movie-watcher, nor do I watch a lot of TV. If you want to know who would be the best people to play my characters, other folks have played the casting game with more authority than I have.
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? Bringing Down the Evil Empire One Orgasm at a Time.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? It will be published by Logical Lust, who published the first two books in the series..
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft? About forty days. Then I scrapped the last third of the book, and I’m rewriting it.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I have actually had people compare the first two books to “Foundation” by Asimov, of all things. Personally, I was blown away by that.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book? The story’s not done.
10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? What would happen if starships were powered by orgasms?
Well, for one thing you’d get some unfamiliar military structures, and a commoditization of sex on a completely different wavelength.
The Orgone Chronicles explores what sex means to people on many different levels, in addition to being an exciting action story.
Here are the folks I’m tagging to be the next Next Big Thing authors: